The Ford Rallye Sport Owners Club of Victoria caters for all owners and enthusiasts of all RS vehicles manufactured by the Ford Motor Company.
The clubs aim is to encourage the restoration, modification, preservation and above all, the use and enjoyment of Ford RS vehicles and all other small fords.
1) Club events are frequent and diversified with a good balance of work shop tours, video nights, show n shine displays, technical sessions, road-touring assemblies, driver training days, track days and motor-sport events. Our club also shares regular events with the Capri, Cortina Mk1, Ford Four and Zephyr/Zodiac Car Clubs of Victoria and. Event sharing provides these clubs, their members and the small Ford community with many positive outcomes.
2) Annual General Meeting The Club holds its AGM in July every year, where committee positions are elected. The club committee attends 11 Meetings per annum and control the day to day management and future direction of the club
3) Christmas function The Club holds an Annual Christmas Dinner and Awards night at the December club meeting. A special guest speaker is usually on hand for the evening along with a special interest video and awards for club championships.
4) Small Ford Sunday The club also funds and organises Small Ford Sunday - a long established annual show event open to the entire classic Ford community of Australia. This event has attracted over 200 entrants and thousands of general public visitors each year, while raising much needed funds for charity organisations and community support groups.
5) Show n shine events The club holds an annual show and shine event exclusive to member's. Entry to this event is free and usually includes a BBQ lunch. Various trophies are awarded for best vehicle in class as voted by the club committee. The club annual show n shine, once a part of Small Ford Sunday is now a separate event.
*Free technical advice, assistance and information on all RS models from Australia and around the world
*Vehicle identification and authenticity checks for prospective purchasers. All RS models available.
*Discount insurance quotations for club member vehicles
*Assistance on finding spare parts
*Discounts at various motoring retailers on production of current membership card
*Regular Club Newsletters & events calendars *Membership card & 'RSOCV member' sticker
*Regular and varied club events
*Free classifieds advertisements in the club newsletter and website
*Club sprint championship
*Club Person of The Year Awar
*Classic Historic Permit scheme (For vehicles 25+ years old, in Victoria only)
*Annual Club Concourse
Fitting a modern engine into these vehicles is quite common. The club does not discriminate against any engine conversions a member may undertake. We do have a preference for Ford based engine conversions, but that is a preference only and each owner/enthusiast should feel free to do as they please with their own vehicle.
Club meetings are held on the 3rd Monday of every month, 8pm at the Royal Standard Hotel, 333 William St, West Melbourne.
Club meetings are fairly informal, with a brief update of club happenings from the committee followed by various videos, raffles, technical information sessions, parts sales and occasional special guest speakers. If you are having trouble finding us, ask one of the friendly bar staff who will be happy to point you in the right direction.
From time to time the club re-manufacturers or purchases some parts where there is significant demand within our club to justify the costs. All remanufactured parts, decals and merchandise is sold at competitive prices with all profit returning to club. Availability of some items will be short and as such these items can sell out fast.